Sales & Events Manager - The Rusk Company
The Rusk Company
Sales & Events Manager
Salary: £22k+ competitive bonus
The Rusk Company
Over the last six years The Rusk Company has opened some of Glasgow’s most loved dining spaces in The Butchershop Bar and Grill, Hutchesons Bar and Brasserie and most recently The 158 Champagne & Oyster Bar, cultivating a reputation as a leading light in the Scottish hospitality scene. Our venues are well turned out, individual, full of personality and quality driven; with awards ranging from Best Restaurant to Scotland’s Most Stylish Restaurant, we are group who’s prime ambition is to make people feel great, and we love what we do!
The Butchershop Bar & Grill, Hutchesons Bar & Brasserie and The 158 Champagne & Oyster Bar come together to form one of Scotland’s most outstanding collection of hospitality venues. Set over three floors, the Hutchesons operation ranges from a debonair & sultry Champagne bar, with The 158, to the most opulent of Grand Brasseries, whilst The Butchershop Bar & Grill boasts a reputation as ‘holder of the crown’ when it comes to steak in Scotland. Before the end of 2016 we will have the fourth venue of the estate up and running, another unique offering set to the city centre of Glasgow by storm.
As Sales & Events Manager for Hutchesons, you will proactively pursue new business opportunities and identify ways in which we can increase and grow covers whilst developing the occupancy of our private dining spaces. As an ambassador for the business, it is important that you are continually showcasing our passion, enthusiasm and desire to deliver great customer service. You will liaise with key business drivers, developing relationships with corporates and being a face of the business within the public sphere. Responsible for growing sales across the various different areas of the business, you will be a key part of the marketing, sales & business development team.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of delivering sales growth within a marquee hospitality venue, or business from a similar sector, with at least two years experience. You should be well presented, confident and passionate about interacting with the public. Autonomy and an ability to manage your own work load is crucial to the day-to-day success of this role.
Duties and Responsibility
- Develop sales leads for both corporate, tourist and leisure and convert in to physical bookings
- Identify key decision-makers for bookings with in organisations and develop direct welcomed communication
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers
- Provide customers with timely quotations based on set out packages
- Negotiate on price and offer details to secure confirmed reservations whilst maintaining profitability and working within set out minimum spends
- Liaising with operational management to ensure details of clients requirements are carried out
- Create & manage robust corporate database which consists of key contacts for local businesses, bodies & organisations
- Develop and present specific plans to ensure revenue growth in corporate events and patronage
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan. Specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each hireable area of the business, historical data, market trends, competitive activity and promotional strategy
- Gain a clear understanding of Hutchesons facilities and how they can meet customers' requirements
- Compile detailed competitor analysis reports on local competition and businesses providing a similar service
Reporting and communication
- Attending weekly progress meetings and sharing feed back and best practice with colleagues
- Meet weekly with Head of Marketing & Communications to present results and planned activity
- Meet with owners as required to discuss results and direction being taken
- Liaise with unit General Managers & Marketing Manager daily to maintain accurate internal communication
- Advising operational management on key critiques for maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish
- Identifying key influencers & VIPs that have booked with us and communicating the relevant information on that person(s) to management
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter